European International Relations Summer School 2011 - Barcelona
Publicado el 8 de febrero de 2011 a las 00h. y 00m. en General
The Standing Group on International Relations and Universitat Pompeu Fabra are organizing the European International Relations Summer School 2011 between 4-16 July, with the theme "Ethics and International Relations: Normative Approaches to International Order". The EIRSS 2011 will provide a forum for doctoral students interested in analyzing the role of ethics in international relations from the perspective of the cosmopolitanism / communitarianism debate.
The EIRSS 2011 Faculty includes Simon Caney, Oxford University; Mervyn Frost, King’s College London; Caterina García Segura, Universitat Pompeu Fabra; Josep Ibáñez Muñoz, Universitat Pompeu Fabra; Nico Krisch, Hertie School of Governance; Pablo Pareja Alcaraz, Universitat Pompeu Fabra; Martin Shaw, University of Sussex; and Jennifer Welsh, Oxford University. In addition, the EIRSS 2011 will also include a seminar with two practitioners: Narcís Serra, Former Spanish Vice Prime-Minister and Minister of Defence, and Javier Solana, Former High Representative for the Common Foreign and Security Policy of the EU (to be confirmed).
With regards to its structure, the EIRSS 2011 programme is divided into seven modules:
1. Ethics and Morality in International Relations, 4-5 July.
2. States vs. People: Cosmopolitan and Communitarian Approaches to International Order, 5-6 July.
3. Constitutionalism, Pluralism and Hegemonic Approaches to the Postnational Public Law, 7-8 July.
4. Civilians in War: Sociology, Law and Ethics, 12-13 July.
5. Rights and Sovereignty: The ethics of Humanitarian Intervention, 13-14 July.
6. Global Justice, 14-15 July.
7. Research seminar, 8 & 11 July.
More information on the EIRSS 2011 goals, requirements for participants, fees and expenses can be found at: http://www.sgir.eu/summer-school-2011