Faculty position (tenured Professor) in political science. Area of specialization: International relations
Publicado el 16 de marzo de 2011 a las 08h. y 31m. en General
Political Science Department of Sciences Po
Position to be filled by January, 1st 2012
Sciences Po calls for applications for a position of tenured Professor in Political Science, with a specialization in International relations.
The position carries a teaching load of three courses of 28 hours each at the three levels provided by the institution, its bachelor programme (in one of the seven campuses of Sciences Po), its master degrees, and the doctoral school.
The successful candidate will lead her research programme in the Centre for International Studies and Research, he/she will participate actively in the seminars of this centre, and will contribute actively to its on-going research programmes as well as to the valorisation of its activities.
The salary and the academic career are based on the regulations for French University Professors, which compare with international standards.
The candidate should demonstrate excellence in teaching and research.
Required qualifications are :
- Excellence in the area of specialization, with ability to teach and supervise in all subfields of the specialization (actors, issues, instruments).
- Capacity to teach in several languages, including English.
- Interest and knowledge of other disciplines in the Social Sciences (especially History of international relations, International political economy, Political theory).
- Capacity to conduct innovative research, published in the best journals of the discipline.
- Leading international position (coordination of transnational research programmes, visiting fellowships in foreign universities).
- Interest and publications in the field of security studies (war, peace strategy) and in foreign policy (actors, processes, content).
Applications should include:
- A cover letter with a statement of research interests.
- A detailed curriculum vitae, including publications list and courses taught.
- An outline of the applicant’s on-going research programme (about 10 pages).
- Two of his/her most important publications.
The position will be officially opened in September 2011. Potential candidates are however invited to contact Olivier Dabène (firstname.lastname@example.org), Dean of the Political Science Department of Sciences Po, before June, 1st 2011 to announce their intention to apply.
A specific committee will examine the applications and select a short list of three or four candidates. They will be invited to give a presentation and answer the committee’s questions on November 17 and 18, 2011.
Sciences Po is an Equal Opportunity Employer