Faculty position (tenured Professor) in political science
Publicado el 16 de marzo de 2011 a las 08h. y 28m. en General
Département de Science Politique. Sciences Po
Area of specialization: Political Sociology (voting and political behaviour)
Position to be filled by January, 1st 2012
Sciences Po calls for applications for a position of tenured Professor in Political Science, with a specialization in Political Sociology.
The position carries a teaching load of three courses of 28 hours each at the three levels provided by the institution, its bachelor programme (in one of the seven campuses of Sciences Po), its master degrees, and the doctoral school.
The successful candidate will lead her research programme in one of the research centres of Sciences of his/her choice, he/she will participate actively in the seminars of this centre, and will contribute actively to its on-going research programmes as well as to the valorisation of its activities.
The salary and the academic career are based on the regulations for French University Professors, which compare with international standards.
The candidate should demonstrate excellence in teaching and research.
Required qualifications are:
- Capacity to teach courses about political behaviour in the broadest sense (electoral and non-electoral behaviour) with a comparative dimension.
- Capacity to teach in several languages, including English.
- Willingness to supervise Ph.D. dissertations and provide research training, especially in the field of methodology, building on the existing infrastructures at Sciences Po such as DIM (Data, Infrastructures, and Methods in Human and Social Sciences).
- Interest and knowledge of other disciplines in the Social Sciences.
- Capacity to conduct innovative research, published in the best journals of the discipline.
- Leading international position (coordination of transnational research programmes, visiting fellowships in foreign universities).
- Applications should include:
- A cover letter with a statement of research interests.
- A detailed curriculum vitae, including publications list and courses taught.
- An outline of the applicant’s on-going research programme (about 10 pages).
- Two of his/her most important publications.
The position will be officially opened in September 2011. Potential candidates are however invited to contact Olivier Dabène (email@example.com), Dean of the Political Science Department of Sciences Po, before June, 1st 2011 to announce their intention to apply.
Sciences Po is an Equal Opportunity Employer.