IBEI - Barcelona Summer School in International Politics 2011
Publicado el 18 de marzo de 2011 a las 14h. y 09m. en General
The sixth edition of the Barcelona Summer School in International Politics will take place at the Institut Barcelona d'Estudis Internacionals (IBEI) during June 27 - July 8 . The objective of IBEI's Summer School is to offer different short courses on significant topics in international relations and international political economy, taught by experts of international prestige. The direction and coordination of the summer school will be provided by Carles Boix, visiting professor at the IBEI.
The summer school is aimed at graduate students, professors and researchers in the areas of political science, economics, and international relations and international studies who are interested in learning first-hand about the latest advances in research.
The Institut Barcelona d'Estudis Internacionals is a graduate teaching and research institution created through the initiative of the five universities in Barcelona (the University of Barcelona, the Autonomous University of Barcelona, Pompeu Fabra University, the Open University of Catalonia, and the Technical University of Catalonia). The Institut Barcelona d'Estudis Internacionals supports research in all fields of international political economics, international relations, international security, foreign policy and comparative public policy.
Prices and discounts
The price of each course is 300 euros. However, there is a discount for early registration. Before June 6th, the price of each course will be 240 euros.For second course (and successive) the price will be 225 euros each one of them.
* Governing Democracies in an Globalized World (Prof. Carles Boix, Princeton University-IBEI) - June 27/July 1
* New Frontiers in International Political Economy (Prof. Shanker Satyanath, New York University) - June 27/July 1
* In Search of Europe's Demos (Prof. Juan Díez-Medrano, Universitat de Barcelona-IBEI) - June 27/July 1
* Is Multilateralism Democratically Legitimate? The European Union and Beyond (Prof. Andrew Moravcsik, Princeton University) - July 4/8
* The Turn in American Foreign Policy: 2001-2011 (Prof. Anne-Marie Slaughter, Princeton University) - July 4/8
Each course will be taught over a period of one week, in a format of a daily two-hour sessions (10 hours). During these weeks, the teaching staff of the Barcelona Summer School in International Politics will also be available to participants hours to discuss their research projects.
Further information and registration form can be found at www.ibei.org