IBEI Summer School of the Mediterranean 2011
Publicado el 1 de abril de 2011 a las 12h. y 01m. en General
The second edition of the IBEI Summer School of the Mediterranean will take place at the Institut Barcelona d'Estudis Internacionals (IBEI) during July 11-15. The objective of IBEI's Summer School is to offer different short courses on significant topics in international relations and the mediterranean area, taught by experts of international prestige. The direction and coordination of the summer school will be provided by Prof. Pere Vilanova (Universitat de Barcelona).
The summer school is aimed at graduate students, professors and researchers in the areas of political science, economics, and international relations and international studies who are interested in learning first-hand about the latest advances in research on Mediterranean politics and international relations. The courses offer a discussion and evaluation of the ongoing process of transition and transformation of the Arab countries of the region, under the light of this year's events.
The Institut Barcelona d'Estudis Internacionals is a graduate teaching and research institution created through the initiative of the five universities in Barcelona (the University of Barcelona, the Autonomous University of Barcelona, Pompeu Fabra University, the Open University of Catalonia, and the Technical University of Catalonia). The Institut Barcelona d'Estudis Internacionals supports research in all fields of international political economics, international relations, international security, foreign policy and comparative public policy.
PRICES AND DISCOUNTS
The price of each course is 300 euros. However, there is a discount for early registration. Before June 6th, the price of each course will be 240 euros.For second course (and successive) the price will be 225 euros each one of them.
* Armed Islamist Movements: Jihadism and Beyond (Dr. Omar Ashour, University of Exeter) - July 11/15
* Middle East Armies: Political, Social, and Economic Roles and Impacts (Prof. Yezid Sayigh, King’s College London) - July 11/15
* Limits of International Interventions and the Role of the EU (Besa Shahini, Freelance Policy Analyst) - July 11/15
* The Economics of Euro-Mediterranean Integration (Prof. Alfred Tovias, Hebrew University Jerusalem) - July 11/15
* The Mediterranean as a Geopolitical Unit (Prof. Pere Vilanova, Universitat de Barcelona; Dr. Eduard Soler i Lecha, CIDOB) - July 11/15
Each course will be taught over a period of one week, in a format of a daily two-hour sessions (10 hours). During these weeks, the teaching staff of the IBEI Summer School of the Mediterranean will also be available to participants hours to discuss their research projects.
Further information and registration form can be found at www.ibei.org