9th Summer School in Survey Methodology (Online Seminar!)
The GESIS Summer School 2020 will be moved online!
Stay tuned for exact dates and an updated detailed schedule of our first virtual summer school. Interested? Questions? Write us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The GESIS Summer School in Survey Methodology offers high quality training in state of the art techniques and methods of survey research. It aims to:
- give a broad overview of survey methods;
- equip participants with essential skills in the design, planning, execution, documentation and quality assurance of surveys;
- provide an opportunity to deeply engage with the different tasks of survey design and implementation (such as questionnaire design, sampling, nonresponse and fieldwork monitoring), different survey modes (such as personal interviews, web surveys, and mixed-mode), and research designs involving surveys (such as mixed methods, factorial surveys, longitudinal surveys and cross-national surveys);
- provide participants with good networking opportunities, a supportive social environment, and an exciting time in Cologne.
Summer School Prerequisites
In addition to the prerequisites mentioned in the syllabi of the courses, you will be expected to have basic knowledge of empirical research methods; have good English language skills, as the Summer School will entirely be held in English.
Short courses are two-day courses that consist of about 6 hours of classes per day around of which 2 hours are tutorials or labs or exercises. One-week courses consist of 6 hours of classes a day of which around 2 hours are tutorials or labs or exercises (details for each course are provided in the course descriptions). Given the daily workload, participants can register for one course per week only.
Plenary and Social Program
Besides courses, participants are welcome to attend evening talks by experts in survey methodology and, thanks to our sponsors, take part in an exciting social and cultural program.
Participation fees and registration
student/PhD student: EUR 160
academic/non profit/public sector: EUR 240
commercial: EUR 480
student/PhD student: EUR 400
academic/non profit/public sector: EUR 600
commercial: EUR 1200
Please see the Terms and conditions of participation for our cancellation and reimbursement policy.
Participants completing one-week courses have the opportunity to receive European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) points. You will be charged an administration fee of EUR 50 (4 ECTS) per course, respectively. More information on ECTS can be found here.
Scholarships by ESRA are available to Summer School participants. Please click here for more information on eligibility and how to apply.